Casey Cardinia Library provides free Wi-Fi is available to library users, subject to the following conditions. By clicking Continue, you accept these conditions.
Wi-Fi users shall not:
- use the wireless internet connection for any illegal, unauthorised or dangerous purpose, including, without limitation
- unsolicited commercial email.
- copy or publish any information for which they are not the intellectual property owner or are authorised to publish and is defamatory.
- interfere with the network of disrupt any other user, service or equipment.
- use or connect to any unauthorised hardware or software.
- view pornographic or other materials which other users may find offensive.
A breach of these conditions whilst using the library’s Wi-Fi connection will result in disconnection and removal from the library premises.
Please be aware:
- Information is not protected while using the wireless connection. No one should transmit sensitive or personal information over the wireless hotspot, including, bank account details, passwords, etc.
- A user should ensure that they have up-to-date virus protection on their laptop or PDA.
- Library staff cannot provide technical assistance in configuring a device.
- There is no guarantee a device will work with the network.
- Casey Cardinia Libraries assumes no responsibility or liability for the safety or security of any personal equipment resulting from the connection to the Library’s wireless network.
Casey Cardinia Libraries provides FREE public access to the Internet, selected Microsoft Office products and genealogy resources during opening hours at our branches. Charges apply for printing.
Bookings to use the PCs/iMacs are required and can be made by telephone or in person up to three days in advance.
Sessions are for up to one hour per day. Extensions of time may be offered, if the PC is not booked by another user.
Staff can provide you with some basic guidance but time constraints mean that they are not able to teach you how to use these resources.
These terms and conditions apply to your use of computer equipment supplied by Casey Cardinia Library Corporation of 65 Berwick-Cranbourne Road, Cranbourne, 3977.
- You must have a current library card in order to use a workstation.
- Material displayed on the screen must be appropriate to a public access site.
- Users wishing to save data may use their own USB drive. You can purchase a USB drive from the library at a minimal cost.
- No liability is accepted for any loss or damage caused by the use of the workstation or by the transmission of computer viruses.
- Users wishing to print must pay the current charge per page.
- No more than 2 people at a time are to use a workstation.
- Primary school children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for use of workstations by people under the age of 18.
- Users are not to adjust, change or tamper with settings on the workstations or printers.
You shall not:
- Use the computer equipment for any illegal, unauthorized or dangerous purpose, including, without limitation, unsolicited commercial e-mail;
- Copy or publish any information for which you are not the intellectual property owner or are authorized to publish or is defamatory;
- Interfere with the network or disrupt any other user, service or equipment;
- Use or connect to any unauthorized software or hardware;
- Use the computer equipment to view pornographic or other materials which other users may find offensive.
A breach of any of these conditions of use will result in the withdrawal of privileges.