What is the Home Library Service?
FREE Monthly deliveries of library materials to those who are housebound or who have difficulty getting to the library.
Are you eligible?
Do you live in the City of Casey or Cardinia Shire? Are you
- Temporarily or permanently housebound
- Unable to visit the library due to poor health
- Constrained with a disability
- A full-time Carer
- Suffering from chronic illness
- Frail aged
- Resident in a care facility?
How does it work?
Home Library Service staff will meet with you and discuss your eligibility and reading interests. A volunteer will deliver library items to your home and exchange them on a regular basis.
What is for loan?
- Books (including large print)
- Talking books
- Music CDs
- Ask us about e-Books and other electronic resources and/or material in community languages
How to join
Become a volunteer!
The Home Library Service could not operate without the goodwill of the many community-spirited volunteers who generously give their time each month, to choose books and other materials from our libraries and deliver them to our housebound library members. We don't overburden our volunteers with too many people to visit or inconvenience them by having to deliver outside their local area, so we are always looking for new volunteers to share the load. If you or a friend would like to become a Home Library Service volunteer, please fill in and submit this volunteers form.
For more information, contact the Home Library Service coordinator via email.